The University of California, Santa Barbara attracts top students from across the United States and from 108 countries worldwide. UCSB welcomes international applicants to our campus. An international applicant is a student who holds or expects to hold a student, exchange, visitor or diplomatic visa and who wishes to attend school in the United States.
International Student Perspectives
Watch current UCSB international students talk about life at UCSB in the languages below.
International Student Perspectives Saudi Arabia
International Student Perspectives Japan
International Student Perspectives Brazil
International Student Perspectives China
International Student Perspectives Taiwan
At UC Santa Barbara our rankings tell only part of the story.
- US News & World Report ranked UCSB number 11 for public universities in the United States in 2014. We offer students strong skills in over 100 majors.
- The Center for Science & Technology at Leiden University ranked number two among the world’s public universities in 2013.
- UCSB students learn from top faculty, including five Nobel Laureates.
Discover your place at UC Santa Barbara, explore our majors and read about admissions requirements for international applicants.
- There are 180,000 UCSB alumni around the globe.
- Over 50% of undergraduates conduct research.
- The Office of International Students and Scholars will help international students with the details of living in the U.S. and being a UCSB student.
- We know science: UCSB has 10 biology programs, one of the top-ranked physics programs in the U.S. and two faculty with Nobel Prizes in chemistry.
- UCSB is a pioneer in sustainability efforts and environmental studies.
- UCSB is the only California university to offer actuarial science as a major.